A unique feature of the Australian International Airshow is the comprehensive variety of aircraft on display.
They cover a broad range of military and civil aircraft – from combat, UAV, heavy lift, helicopters, maritime patrol and tactical transport to airline, business, rotary wing, training, airsport and recreational aircraft.
457 aircraft were displayed at the 2007 show.
The exhibition pavilion is supplemented by a range of external exhibition facilities, including free-standing display structures and outdoor exhibition space.
Flying displays are featured each afternoon during the four trade days, culminating in Friday's unique Night Alight Finale. On the weekend, a world-renowned air spectacular is the hallmark of the public days.
Further information on participating exhibitors, static aircraft and displays will be available in early 2009.
INDUSTRY-ONLY TRADE DAYS
Tuesday 10 March 10am to 2pm Friday 13 March
- Open to industry professionals and trade visitors only
- Closed to the general public except for Friday
Gold Pass holders may access the site from 9am on Friday
- Exhibition times are 9am to 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and 9am to 2pm on Friday (open to the public from 2pm on Friday)
- Flying demonstrations Tue, Wed and Thur from 2.30pm to 4.30pm (approx.)
Admission on the trade days is strictly reserved for accredited industry visitors, over 16 years of age. Industry visitors must produce a business card, corporate identification or a letter of authority to register.
FRIDAY AFTERNOON AIRSHOW & NIGHT ALIGHT
Friday 13 March
- Open to the public in the afternoon only
- Gates open at 2pm
- Flying Displays from 3pm to 9pm (approx.)
- Ground exhibits from 2pm
- International Aerospace & Defence Exposition open to the public from 2pm to 5pm
Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 March
- Open to the public
- Gates open from 8am to 6pm daily
- Flying displays from 10am to 4pm (approx.)
- International Aerospace & Defence Exposition is open to the public from 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday
Avalon 2009 ANTICIPATED Participating Aircraft
The following is a provisional list of aircraft anticipated to be on display (either on static display or in the flying displays) at Avalon 2009. It is indicative only and is based on expectations of participation thought likely at the time of preparation. Actual aircraft participation can not be guaranteed and is subject to change without notice. Not all participating aircraft perform in the flying displays and most of the aircraft indicated are expected to be on static display only.