The 2009 Australian International Airshow and
Aerospace & Defence Exposition will be held over six
days, from Tuesday 10 March until Sunday 15 March.
Industry-only trade sessions will be held Tuesday to
Thursday (all day) and Friday (until 2pm). The exposition
will open each day from 9am until 5pm.
The public is not admitted during the industry-only trade
sessions, which are restricted to accredited industry,
defence and government professionals.
The show will open to the public on Friday 13 March (from 2pm until 9pm) plus Saturday 14 March and Sunday 15 March (from 8am to 6pm). Flying Displays will take place between 1230pm and 430pm each afternoon from Tuesday to Thursday. On Friday, the flying display will commence at 3pm and conclude at approximately 900pm with a Night Alight Finale. On the weekend days, flying displays will take place between 10am and 4pm daily.
Associated industry and technology conferences, seminars and symposia will be held at Avalon and in Melbourne and Geelong during show week.
A major Careers and Skills program for teachers and careers professionals will be conducted at Avalon during the event. It will be followed over the weekend by a Careers
and Skills Showcase to encourage interest among
students, parents, teachers and careers professionals in
aviation, aerospace and defence.
INDUSTRY-ONLY TRADE DAYS
9am Tuesday 10 March to 2pm Friday 13 March
- Open to industry professionals and trade visitors only
- Closed to the general public except for Friday
Gold Pass holders may access the site from 9am on Friday
- Exhibition times are 9am to 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and 9am to 5pm on Friday with the general public allowed access from 2pm.
- Flying demonstrations Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1230pm to 430pm (approx)
Admission on the trade days is strictly reserved for accredited industry visitors, over 16 years of age. Industry visitors must produce a business card, corporate identification or a letter of authority to register.
FRIDAY AFTERNOON AIRSHOW & NIGHT ALIGHT
Friday 13 March
- Open to the public in the afternoon only
- Gates open at 2pm
- Flying Displays from 3pm to 9pm (approx.)
- Ground exhibits from 2pm
- International Aerospace & Defence Exposition open to the public from 2pm to 5pm
Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 March
- Open to the public
- Gates open from 8am to 6pm daily
- Flying displays from 10am to 430pm
- International Aerospace & Defence Exposition is open to the public from 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday